- Accu-Chek Aviva Test Strips Recall 2018 Alert [Read It]
- You Can Buy Discontinued Accu Chek MultiClix Lancets From CanadianInsulin.com [Read It]
- How to use Delica Lancing Device? Short and easy instructions [Read It]
- What is a Lancing Device? Differences between Lancets and Lancet Devices [Read It]
Buy Generic Pioglitazone Online From Canada
What is Pioglitazone?
Pioglitazone is a generic prescription drug used to treat type 2 diabetes that helps make your body more sensitive to the insulin that is in your system. It is marketed under the brand name Actos and it is part of the thiazolidinedione (TZD) class.
What is it used for?
Pioglitazone is used to treat type 2 diabetes, in addition to a healthy diet and regular exercise, in order to help you improve your blood sugar control.
How does this drug work?
Pioglitazone is a member of a family of drugs called thiazolidinediones, or TZDs for short, that are called insulin-sensitizing compounds, which means they help your body react better to its own insulin. This reduces the overall blood sugar level in the body. It regulates the genes that are involved in the control of sugar and fat breakdown in the body. As a result, it reduces insulin resistance (a condition in which the cells in your body fail to respond normally to insulin), decreases gluconeogenesis (the production of sugar from food) in the liver, and reduces blood sugar levels.
Since Pioglitazone does not actually make your body create more insulin, it very infrequently causes low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), which is a common side effect of many oral antidiabetic medications when used individually.
How to take this medication
Always make sure to follow all the directions on your prescription label. Sometimes your doctor may modify your dose, or schedule in order to make sure you get the best results. Always follow your doctor’s instructions above all others.
Pioglitazone is usually taken once daily, with or without food. Never change your dose or schedule without your doctor’s approval.
Your blood sugar will need to be checked often, and you may need other blood tests at your doctor’s office in order to prevent low blood sugar.
Symptoms of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) include
- pale skin
- feeling shaky
- trouble concentrating
Always keep a source of sugar with you in case you experience low blood sugar. Your doctor can also prescribe a glucagon emergency injection kit and show you how to use it.
Always monitor your blood sugar levels carefully, especially during times of stress, illness, travel, surgery or other medical procedures, prolonged exercise, or if you drink alcohol or miss meals. All of these things can affect your blood sugar levels which means your dose needs may also change.
Pioglitazone is only part of a treatment program that may also include a healthy diet, regular exercise, supervised weight control, continual blood sugar testing, and in some cases, special medical care.
Pioglitazone should be taken once daily with or without meals. Its initial dose is usually between 15 or 30 mg once daily. The maximum recommended dose is 45 mg once daily.
It can only help you control your blood sugar levels if you take it regularly. Generally, it should be taken at the same time everyday at whatever time you find most fitting and convenient for you to remember.
For patients without congestive heart failure, the usual initial dose is 15 mg or 30 mg orally once a day. For patients with congestive heart failure (New York Heart Association Class I or II), the usual initial dose is 15 mg orally once a day. A typical maintenance dose is between 15 mg to 45 mg orally once a day based on your blood sugar level response.
Warnings and Precautions
Pioglitazone should not be used by patients who:
- Are allergic to pioglitazone or any other ingredients
- Have or have had heart problems or heart failure
- Have serious liver damage
- Have or have had bladder cancer
- Have blood or a red colour in their urine
- Are pregnant, or are planning on becoming pregnant
It is not approved for use with metformin, a sulfonylurea or with insulin therapy.
If you do happen to take Pioglitazone with a sulfonylurea, you may develop low blood sugar. Make sure to ask your doctor what the symptoms are of low blood sugar are, and what to do if indeed your blood sugar becomes too low.
Pioglitazone is also not approved for used in children under 18 years of age.
Common negative effects may include:
- Edema (fluid retention or swelling)
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Increased weight
Less common negative effects may include:
- Liver problems
- Breakthrough bleeding (unexpected vaginal bleeding or spotting)
- Blurred vision (due to swelling [or fluid] in the back of the eye)
Serious negative effects may include:
- Heart failure
- Liver problems
- Bladder cancer
- Pulmonary edema (fluid accumulation in the lungs)
- Anemia (low red blood cell count)
- Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat
Call your doctor immediately if any you experience any of the symptoms below:
- Symptoms of heart failure, which can include shortness of breath, tiredness, swelling (edema), weakness or unusual weight gain.
- Symptoms of liver problems can include tiredness, lack of appetite, yellowing of the skin or the white part of the eye, or dark urine.
- Symptoms of bladder cancer can include an increased need to urinate, pain while you urinate, or blood or a red color in your urine.
Talk to your health care provider about any side effect that bothers you or does not go away. These are not all the possible negative effects. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
CanadianInsulin.com will provide the lowest price for Pioglitazone from Canada. We guarantee your order will be shipped from a licensed Canadian pharmacy. All of our discount diabetes products are shipped fast from Canada, straight to your door. To order this diabetic medication online, please call us at 1-844-560-7790 toll-free.