- Tresiba Vs. Basaglar [Read It]
- Hyperinsulinemia - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment [Read It]
- Novolog (Insulin Aspart) Uses [Read It]
- Detemir Vs. Levemir [Read It]
Buy Diabetic Blood Glucose Lancet Devices Online
- We ship the following products to the US:
- Accu-Chek Softclix Lancets 100 pack
- OneTouch Delica Extra Fine Lancets 100 pack
- OneTouch Ultra Soft Lancets 100 pack
- Microlet Lancets 100 pack
- Accu-Chek Fastclix Lancets 102 pack
- Accu-Chek Fastclix Lancets 204 pack
- OneTouch Delica Fine Lancets 30 gauge
- Dario Lancets 100 pack
- Accu-Chek Softclix Lancets 200 pack
- Microlet Lancets 200 pack
What is a Lancet Device?
Lancet devices are also known as diabetic lancets, blood lancets or simply lancets.
Lancet devices are small, sharp, needles that are used to gently prick skin in order to draw a blood sample for various purposes including measuring glucose in blood, check for allergies and other purposes. Lancets are often accessories for use with a Lancing device, a medical instrument armed with a lancet to prick skin. Diabetic people often use Lancets and Lancing devices for regular blood glucose measuring and monitoring.
Lancet Devices and Lancing Devices are two different products
Note Lancet devices and Lancing devices are two different medical instruments. It is a common mistake among people buying lancets or lancing devices for the first time to get confused over the instrument they are looking for. The easiest way to figure out what you need is differentiating between the whole lancing device and its accessories like lancets. Most lancing devices on the market use disposable lancets meant for use only once. Feel free to contact our customer service representatives if you are not sure what product you need, they can help you.
How Blood Lancets work?
Once equipped onto a Lancing device, you can prick skin like the tip of your finger to gently produce a drop of blood. You can then use a blood test strip to collect the drop of blood. Once you have coolected a blood sample, you can use a blood glucose monitor or glucometer to test your blood sugar levels.
Choosing The Right Lancet Devices
Blood lancets vary depending on their gauges, which is the width of the needle. Usually, if the surgical needle has a higher gauge, the smaller the puncture the diabetic lancet will make. Hence, some diabetic patients prefer to use lancets that have a higher gauge because they have a smaller needle, making them less painful. All diabetes lancets are supposed to be used only once to draw a blood sample before being disposed of. This is to prevent bacterial infections, and to prevent the spread of disease. In fact, lancets are designed to become blunt after you use them, which makes them more painful on second use, in order to deter people from re-using them.
How to use them
Lancets can be used alone to draw blood or with a special device known as lancing device. A lancing device relies on a button to push the lancet into the skin so as to draw blood quickly without causing pain to the user.
Here is how to use a diabetic lancet:
- First of all, it is important you wash and dry your hands to avoid infections and spreading disease. Make sure your hands are completely dry before using a lancet.
- Next, rub your hands vigorously to get blood flowing to your fingertips.
- Insert a lancet into your lancing device and choose the depth you want the needle to penetrate your skin.
- To reduce pain, use the lancet to the outside of your fingertip to draw a blood sample.
- Once you have drawn your blood sample, place it on a blood glucose monitor to test your blood sugar level.
Despite their small size, lancet devices are an important part of the set of diabetic supplies, which help people with diabetes monitor their blood sugar levels right from home. Monitoring blood sugar is an important part of managing diabetes successfully. This is because it helps you maintain control of sugar levels in your blood and lets your doctor know if they should change your medication or dosage to effectively manage your blood glucose levels.
- More Supplies
- Surgical Masks 20pack
- KN95 Masks 10pack *Non-Factory Packaging
- Medical Coveralls Large 1 pack
- Non-Contact Thermometer
- Medical Face Shield (Visor)