- Absolute Insulin Deficiency [Read It]
- Diabetes and Genetics [Read It]
- Peanut Butter and Diabetes [Read It]
- The Role of Statins in Diabetes Treatment [Read It]
Buy Janumet XR 50 mg/500 mg, 50 mg/1000 mg, 100 mg/1000 mg Online From Canada
What is Janumet XR?
Janumet XR is an extended-release oral antidiabetic drug that helps to lower blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes. Each tablets contains two prescription medicines, sitagliptin and extended-release metformin.
What is it used for?
Janumet XR is used together with a healthy diet and regular exercise to help control blood sugar levels throughout the day in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How does it work?
Janumet XR lowers your blood sugar levels throughout the day, even after meals, by helping your body produce more insulin, aiding your body to more effectively utilize the insulin your pancreas makes, and also by decreasing the amount of sugar that your liver produces. Every tablet of Janumet XR contains a combination of two antidiabetic drugs, sitagliptin and extended-release metformin. They both work together to help you better regulate your blood sugar levels. Sitagliptin belongs to a group of medicines called DPP-4 inhibitors (dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitors), which break down digestive hormones in response to a meal. They increase insulin levels and decrease glucagon levels. Glucagon is a substance produced by the pancreas that increases blood sugar levels. Metformin is part of the biguanide family of medicines. It helps decrease the amount of sugar produced by your liver. Together these drugs help you control your blood sugar levels throughout the whole day, and they are less likely to cause weight gain and low blood sugar than some other oral antidiabetic drugs.
How to take this medication
The drug can be taken:
- By itself
- Together with a sulfonylurea drug, if you are not already taking metformin and a sulfonylurea drug
- With a pre-mixed or long-to-intermediate-acting insulin
- Together with pioglitazone, if you are not already taking metformin and pioglitazone
To lower your chance of getting an upset stomach, Janumet XR should be taken with meals. Swallow the tablets whole, without cutting or breaking the tablets. Take the tablets for as long as your doctor tells you and remember to not miss any doses.
Make sure that you are taking your medicine exactly as your doctor has prescribed it to you. Your dose should be personalized based upon your current dosing schedule, how well you tolerate the medication, and its effectiveness.
- If you are not being currently treated with metformin, the recommended total daily initial dose is 100 mg sitagliptin and 1000 mg metformin extended-release
- If you are already being treated with metformin, the recommended total daily initial dose of is 100 mg sitagliptin plus your previously prescribed amount of metformin
- If you are taking metformin immediate-release 850 mg twice a day or 1000 mg twice daily, the recommended initial dose is two 50 mg sitagliptin/1000 mg metformin extended-release tablets taken together once a day
- Maintain the same overall daily dose of sitagliptin and metformin when switching between Janumet and Janumet XR
It is not recommended to exceed the maximum daily dose of 100 mg sitagliptin and 2000 mg metformin.
If you should happen to miss a dose, take it with food as soon as you remember. If you do not remember until it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Never take two doses to make up for missed doses.
If you should suspect that you may have overdosed immediately contact a health care practitioner, hospital emergency department or regional Poison Control Center, even if you are not showing any symptoms.
Warnings and Precautions
Before you begin taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you:
- Have or have a history of pancreas inflammation (pancreatitis)
- Have or have a history of severe kidney problems
- Have or have a history of liver problems
- Have or have a history of heart problems, such as congestive heart failure
- Drink a lot of alcohol or drink very often
- Have to to get an injection of dye or contrast agents for an X-ray or imaging procedure
- Have any other medical conditions
- Are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
- Are currently breastfeeding or are planning to breastfeed
Stop taking it immediately if you get the following symptoms of lactic acidosis:
- You have breathing problems
- You start to feel tired and very weak
- You develop muscle pains
- You develop an irregular or slow heartbeat
- You have stomach pain with diarrhea, vomiting and nausea
- You feel cold, particularly in your arms and legs
- You feel lightheaded or dizzy
- Your medical condition changes abruptly
There have been reported cases of pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas) which can be very severe and have lead to death in some patients.
Some patients have developed a skin condition called bullous pemphigoid that can require hospital treatment. Let your doctor know immediately if you happen to develop breakdown of your skin (erosion) or blisters. Your doctor may tell you to stop taking Janumet XR or to change your dose.
Janumet XR side effects
Common negative effects may include:
- Lactic acidosis
- Runny or stuffy nose and sore throat
- Upper respiratory infection
- Indigestion, gas, upset stomach
- Nausea and vomiting
Less common negative effects may include:
- Blurry vision
- Cool, pale skin
- Increased heartbeat
- Slurred speech
- Feeling hungry
Talk to your health care provider about any side effect that bothers you or does not go away. These are not all the possible negative effects. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
CanadianInsulin.com will provide the lowest price for Janumet XR from Canada. We guarantee your order will be shipped from a licensed Canadian pharmacy. All of our discount diabetes products are shipped fast from Canada, straight to your door. To purchase this diabetic medication online, please call us at 1-844-560-7790 toll-free.